NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission on Monday (September 27,2021) via video conferencing.
Under this, a unique digital health ID will be provided to the people, which will contain all the health records of the person.This initiative will especially benefit the poor and middle class.
The government had announced the pilot project on Independence Day last year.
Salient features of the new program–
1. According to PMO, it is currently being implemented in a pilot phase in six states and Union Territories.
2. It also improve the access to healthcare and citizens will be able to access health facilities conveniently.
3. The mission include a health ID-unique 14-digit health identification.
4. It will be issued for every citizen that will work as their health account.
5. The ID will be created by using a person’s basic details and mobile number or Adhar number.
6. The new programme will enable information sharing with the digital health ecosystem,similar to the role played by the Unified Payments Interface in revolutionising payments.
7. It will also help ensure security, confidentiality and privacy of health related personal information.
8. Healthcare Professionals Registry (HPR) and Healthcare Facilities Registries (HFR) will act as a repository of all healthcare providers across both modern and traditional systems of medicine.
9. It will ensure ease of doing business for doctors and hospitals and healthcare service providers.
10. Currently, over one lakh unique health IDs have been created under the National Digial Health Mission.
11. It will also contain details of every test,every disease,the medicines, the diagnosis,about doctors.
Furthermore,the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission Sandbox,created as a part of the mission, will act as a framework for technology and product testing that will help organisations, including private players to be a part of the National Digial Health Ecosystem to become a health information provider.