MUMBAI: On 12th October 2021, the Maharashtra government released Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for theatres. This means both, cinema halls and drama theatres are allowed to operate from 22nd October 2021.
Since mid-March in 2020, theatres were on a halt, leading to more traction on OTT platforms. However, one has to follow the guidelines given by the government in order to enjoy the big screen experience.
Below are the instructions/guidelines given by the government:
1. The occupancy of the cinemas/theatres/multiplexes/auditorium shall not be more than 50 percent of their total seating capacity.
2. Aarogya Setu App showing safe status shall be mandatory for all visitors in cinema halls/theatres or in the alternative visitors can show final Covid vaccination certificate.
3. All staff including those employed at food court/cleaning services must have received two doses of Covid-19 vaccine and 14 days must have elapsed since the second dose.
4. Staggered show timings for multiplexes to avoid crowding.
5. Digital no-contact payment methods should be used for booking tickers, payment for food and beverages.
6. Proper crowd management in parking lots, thermal screening of visitors, only asymptomatic people will be allowed. Restricted persons in elevators have been advised.
7. Regular Covid-appropriate behavior including masking, physical distancing, covering of face while coughing/sneezing, regular hand sanitization, etc are also enforced.
8. No food and beverages will be allowed inside the screening hall. Purchased packaged food and beverages will be allowed only outside the screening hall.
Specific SOPs are given for drama theatres:
1. Only designated people shall be allowed to operate curtain, backstage property, etc.
2. It is recommended that the cast and crew should regularly have their medical check-ups.
3. Daily fumigation of the sets and green rooms should be conducted.
4. Strictly no guests allowed at the backstage/green rooms.
5. Regular fumigation of the auditorium will be the responsibility of the management.
6. Child artists have to use Aarogya Setu App showing safe status. Their regular checkup has been recommended.