Hema Malini, the Bollywood ideal lady has ruled the Indian movie industry with her incredible beauty, elegance, and dancing abilities.
Hema Malini is an Indian actress, dancer, writer, director, producer, and politician who was born on October 16, 1948. She is most recognized for her roles in Hindi movies. In the Tamil film Idhu Sathiyam, Malini made her acting debut in 1963. Malini made her acting debut in Sapno Ka Saudagar (1968), and went on to star in a slew of Hindi films, many of which she co-starred in with Dharmendra, whom she married in 1980. Malini was first known as the “Dream Girl,” and she acted in a film of the same name in 1977. She was one of the most successful leading actresses in mainstream Hindi cinema, appearing in both humorous and tragic parts.
On the occasion of her birthday, we’ve created a list of some of the actress’s lesser-known and fascinating facts.
- Hema is a dropout. Yes, she is a tenth-grade dropout who has always aspired to work in the film industry. She did, however obtain an Honorary Doctorate in Philosophy from Singhania University in Udaipur, Rajasthan in the year 2012.
- In her autobiography, ‘Hema Malini: The Authorized Biography,’ she claims that two of the biggest celebrities of the retro era, Jeetendra and Sanjeev Kapoor approached her with a wedding proposal. Dharmendra, on the other hand, was the one who won her heart.
- On the sets of Tum Haseen Main Jawan Hema Malini met Dharmendra. They appeared in about 40 films together.
- Hema has been the only actress who has on-screen romances with the entire Kapoor clan. In 1968, Hema made her film debut in Raj Kapoor’s ‘Sapno Ka Saudagar.’ In 1971, she co-starred with Shammi Kapoor in ‘Andaaz,’ and in 1974 she co-starred with Randhir Kapoor in ‘Haath ki Safaai.’ In 1978’s ‘Trishul,’ Hema was coupled with Shashi Kapoor, while in 1986’s ‘Ek Chaadar Maili Si,’ Hema was partnered with Rishi Kapoor.
- Malini owns the Natya Vihar Kalakendra dance school and is well-versed in numerous Indian traditional dance genres.
- Did you also know that Sunny Deol, Dharmendra’s son by Prakash Kaur is only eight years older than Hema Malini?
- Seeta Aur Geeta earned Hemaji her first Filmfare award in 1972. In addition, she received the Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award and the Padma Bhushan for her contributions to Indian cinema in 2000. From 1976 until 1980 she was one of the highest-paid actresses.